AccessSurgery is an integrated, online surgical education resource that puts content into context. It has resources on core topics like:
- acute care surgery
- endocrine surgery
- surgical oncology
- cardiothoracic surgery
- gastrointestinal surgery
- vascular surgery
- head & neck
- plastic & reconstructive surgery
- pediatric surgery
Components of AccessSurgery include:
- videos & animations of basic skills and procedures & operations like
- airway management
- patient assessment
- wound healing
- patient & equipment safety
- textbooks such as
- Schwartz’s Principles of Surgery and Schwartz’s Principles of Surgery: Self-Assessment and Board Review
- Maingot’s Abdominal Operations
- Obesity Surgery: Principles and Practice
- Principles of Critical Care
- Skandalakis’ Surgical Anatomy
- Zollinger’s Atlas of Surgical Operations
- board review test materials
- drug information
- differential diagnosis information
You can also customize your curriculum with AccessSurgery, organized around the ACGME’s mandate for a general surgery. See a demo of AccessSurgery here.
Each month, the AccessSurgery Blog highlights updates to content and features and also “provides a forum for surgical residents and practicing surgeons to debate and share information on the latest advances in the field.”
Get to AccessSurgery via the “Databases & Resources” page.
*Please note: Remote access requires a UAB Blazer ID and password.
If you need help or would like more information, please stop by the InfoDesk, give us a call, or send us an email or chat.