The UAB Libraries invite you to attend the Elsevier Expo on Wednesday, March 4, 2015. There will be two sessions available during the day with identical research fairs & presentations. The morning session will feature an Embase demonstration while the afternoon session will feature a Knovel demonstration.
Morning Session @ Lister Hill Library
- 9 AM to 12 PM – Research Fair Drop by to learn more about Science Direct, Scopus, Embase, Knovel, and Mendeley.
- 9:30 to 10:30 AM – Featured Resource Demonstration – Room 164 Attend a demonstration to learn more about the Embase biomedical database.
- 11 AM to 12 PM – Content Expansion Presentation – Room 164 Attend a presentation to learn more about the expanded Elsevier content available through the UAB Libraries.
Afternoon Session @ Sterne Library
- 2 PM to 5 PM – Research Fair Drop by to learn more about Science Direct, Scopus, Embase, Knovel, and Mendeley.
- 2 PM to 3 PM – Featured Resource Demonstration – Room 174 Attend a demonstration to learn more about the Knovel engineering product.
- 3 PM to 4 PM – Content Expansion Presentation – Room 174 Attend a presentation to learn more about the expanded Elsevier content available through the UAB Libraries.
ScienceDirect is a leading full-text collection of peer-reviewed articles and chapters from more than 2,000 journals and 30,000 books in the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences, and humanities. ScienceDirect provides sophisticated search and retrieval tools, browsable tables of contents, and links to external audio, video, datasets, and job postings. Users may register for an account to personalize settings, save searches, create alerts, and read articles on mobile devices and zoom in on images without compromising quality.
Scopus is a large abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed scientific literature including journals, books, and conference proceedings. Scopus delivers a comprehensive overview of the world’s research output in the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences, and humanities and features smart tools to track, analyze, and visualize research.
Embase is a biomedical and pharmacologic database with extensive international journal and conference coverage. It is useful for comprehensive or systematic literature reviews, supporting effective evidence-based practice and in drug and medical device tracking. Embase includes in-depth coverage of pharmacology, pharmaceutics, and toxicology.
Knovel is a cloud-based application integrating technical information from over 100 content providers including AASHTO, ASTM International, CRC Press, SAE International, and SPIE with analytical and search tools to deliver answers for engineers.
Mendeley is a free reference manager and academic social network for organizing documents, collaborating with others online, and discovering the latest research.