Today I spoke to you for a few minutes on what kinds of sources to use for your Fund I project and why those sources are valid information resources. I encourage you to go back to review the LHLGuide developed for PDS as the assignments are very similar. Couple of things to keep in mind:
- The checklist for evaluating resources explains what to look for to determine the validity of a source. Just saying that it contained the information you needed isn’t enough. What makes it quality information?
- We now have online access to the AMA style guide. You are also allowed to use the NLM style guide which is also online.
- PubMed is THE place to find articles. Search it via the LHL home page for full text. Ask for help or use the Getting Started Guide
- Choose web resources carefully, read more about evaluating health information from an excellent consumer health tool, MedlinePlus
- Learn more in our Express Training classes, Advanced PubMed this Thursday at noon in the LHL Electronic Classroom